Patti Russo, M.S., CPT Certified Poetry Therapist
Patti currently offers workshops to:
- Council on Aging Facilities / Senior Centers where we explore a variety of topics via poetry including mindfulness, relationships, change and transitions and self-acceptance. Participants live independently at home.
- Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities where we do reflective and creative writing using poetry to help evoke memories. Groups are available for residents with or without memory impairment.
- Schools where students and older adults meet for six weeks in the spring to discuss topics relevant to both age groups. The discussion focuses on individual and collective responses to the poem, rather than trying to extract the meaning of the poem.
- Homeschooling Communities where each month Patti will lead a lesson about a different poet. We begin with a review of the poet's life, read a few of poet's works and end with some writing in the style of the poet.
- Book groups where instead of reading a book one month, Patti will visit your book group and facilitate a fun and spirited evening of poetry. She will select a number of poems for you to read and respond to based on themes important to the group.
"Poetry is a mirror which makes beautiful that which is distorted." - Percy Bysshe Shelly